Getting troubles of removing AceReader Pro from your Mac? This post is going to share some of practical instructions about how to completely uninstall AceReader Pro from the Mac OS X within a few of minutes. Many a Mac users’ efforts to remove this application were futile so that they asked for help to delete it thoroughly with ease. It is strongly recommended you read this article seriously then follow every step in the removal guides. Furthermore, you will learn additional knowledge on how to maintain the Mac OS X system for better performance.
What Is AceReader Pro?
AceReader Pro is a kind of online reader software for all ages. It belongs to the Mac education apps. With this Mac application, users can easily and efficiently read ebooks both online & offline. AceReader Pro is able to make users become proficient readers in a short time because it provides users with the assessment tools to raise up their reading level. AceReader Pro works like a trainer to teach users how to improve the skills of reading. Additionally, AceReader Pro also includes extensive administration and customization options. Users can set font, colors, display modes, speeds, delays, bookmarks, column width, hotkeys… Deluxe versions allow them to customize the Tests, Drills and Games. The size of AceReader Pro is quite tiny and it is only 6.8 MB for downloading. It supplies trail version and registered version to users and if you would like to enjoy the full functions of it, you need to pay $69.95 to its publisher – StepWare, Inc.
Tutorials to Uninstall AceReader Pro for Mac
Step 1: Terminate process of AceReader Pro via Activity Monitor.
You need to close down AceReader Pro and terminate all processes of it in order to make the uninstall procedure run smoothly.
* Please click “Go” menu on the top of your screen and then select “Utilities” option in the list.
* You will see “Activity Monitor” icon after you enter the “Utilities”; Launch “Activity Monitor” by double clicking the icon.
* Now there must be several processes running in the system background. Please find out the active process of AceReader Pro and then end up those processes by clicking the “X” button to close this application.
Or you also can try another easier method to launch “Activity Monitor”. Press “Command+Option+Esc” on your keyboard then you will see the interface of “Activity Monitor” ; select the process and then choose “Force Quit” to terminate it.
Step 2: Remove AceReader Pro icon to the Trash.
As mentioned before, Mac OS X Trash function could help you remove the main executable file of AceReader Pro. It is an effective way to uninstall AceReader Pro from the Mac but you still need to finish more things.
* Please click on “Go” menu and select “Applications” from the list.
* Find out the icon of AceReader Pro, right click on the icon and then select “Move to Trash” ; Or just drag it to the ” Trash” .
* Empty the Trash to remove the main files of AceReader Pro from the Mac. You will receive dialog window asking you if you are sure to remove the items. Please click“Empty Trash”to delete the executable files of this application.
Step 3: Locate and Clean up Leftovers to Uninstall AceReader Pro completely
You are almost there to finish the whole removal procedure on Mac. You should know that applications like AceReader Pro will generate lots of associated files, junk files and other types of traces when installed on the Mac. For instance, the application support files, caches, plugins, binaries, library, preferences, Dock icon, saved states, etc, all of them could be called additional files. Generally, the leftovers are located in these three folders ( /Library/Preferences/, /Library/Application Support/ /Library/Caches/ ) then you need to find them out and clean up the associated files of the application you just removed previously.
* Please click on“Go”menu at the top of the screen and select “Go to Folder”.
* Type “~Library” in the blank to get into the library interface.
* Please open “Preferences“ folder and then search the related files of AceReader Pro.
* Remove all of the junk files you find out in this folder to the Trash directly.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Caches” folder and search all caches of AceReader Pro.
* Clean up the caches of AceReader Pro.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Application Support” folder and search all supported files of AceReader Pro.
* Delete the supported files associated with the application.
Step 4: Empty the Trash to Remove All Leftovers Completely and Permanently
* Right click the Trash icon and select “Secure Empty Trash” to totally erase the useless files right away.
* Confirm the operation when receiving pops-up Windows as below.
* Finally, please restart your Mac OS X system for the changes to take effects.
Uninstall AceReader Pro with Its Own Built-in Uninstaller
AceReader Pro contains built-in uninstall program itself to let users uninstall it easily. Thus you can utilize this uninstall program to remove AceReader Pro from your Mac. Please follow the brief instruction to uninstall AceReader Pro.
* Launch “Finder” and the enter “AceReader Pro“ to search out the package.
* Double click on the .dmg file and you will be see the uninstall program there. Double click on
* You will receive message asking you to open the uninstall application.
* Enter your administrator account password to confirm your operation.
After you uninstall AceReader Pro with its built-in uninstall program, do not forget to remove the leftovers of it. Just turn back to the junk files removal method and follow the instructions.
You might be interesting in removing other Mac apps:
Getting virus or Internet threats on your Mac? Just take it easy and visit the virus database of macutility.com to find the specific problem there.