The Amazon Kindle is a popular app that allows users to read, download and browse e-books, newspapers, magazines wirelessly. Uninstall Amazon Kindle from Mac sometimes could be a problem for some users, so this post might be helpful for you to figure it out and remove the app well under Mac OS X.
More details about the app uninstall
There are usually many reasons for people to remove a program from the computer. Such as the app itself is not functioning well on the device, people don’t need to use it anymore, and the app should be reinstalled on the Mac and etc. When you need to uninstall Amazon Kindle for Mac, you should be clear about the right way to totally uninstall it as well as common issues that many people easily encounter.
Removing problems people usually encounter
Cannot find any uninstall option available on the computer
Kindle’s traces and preferences still exist after removing the app
The program refuse to be removed and display a pop-up instead
Kindle bounces back when try to drag it to the Trash on Mac
Do you also get such a trouble to uninstall Kindle? You can start to learn some effective way to remove this application correctly from the Mac.
Feasible removal methods to uninstall Amazon Kindle
1.Remove it manually from the Mac
Step one: stop Amazon Kindle running on the device
- Right-click Kindle on the Dock, and select Quit to stop it
- If you cannot find it at there, go to click on Go on the top menu
- Select Utilities — Activity Monitor
- Scroll down and find the process related to the Kindle app
- And then click on the Quit button, click on Quit again on the pop up to stop it
Step two: remove the app from the device
- Click on Finder to open it, and select Applications on the left pane
- Find out the Amazon Kindle in the Applications folder, and then drag it to the Trash on Dock directly (or you can right-click on the app, and select “Move to Trash”)
- Right-click on Kindle on the Dock, move cursor to the Options, and select Remove from Dock
Step three: clean up its remnant files and preferences
- Click on Go again on the Finder’s top menu
- Select Go to Folder, and enter ~/Library to access to the Library folder on Mac
- Next, you should open these sub-folders one by one, and delete those files and traces belonging to the Amazon Kindle (please be patient because it will take some time to conduct the manual removal):
Saved Application State
After finish all of these removing jobs, you can right-click on the Trash icon on the Dock, and select Empty Trash to permanently clear them from the Mac. Note: if you get any problem and the app cannot be removed smoothly, this way might be useless for you. And you will need try another way to help you remove this application.
2.Apply a reliable removal utility to uninstall Amazon Kindle
To make the app removal more easily and thoroughly, many people would like to choose a good uninstaller to help them manage the app removal. And you also can take this way to uninstall Amazon Kindle on the Mac.
Here I just try to uninstall Amazon Kindle with the Smart Uninstaller on MacKeeper, and the app can be removed quickly from the computer.
- Open MacKeeper on the Mac, if you cannot see Smart Uninstaller on the left pane, click on ADVANCED TOOLS
- Click on Smart Uninstaller on the list, and all of installed applications on the Mac will be listed, if the programs do not reveal completely, please click on Scan button to refresh the list.
- Select Amazon Kindle on the box, and all of associated components will present to you on the right side
- Click on the Remove button at the bottom to uninstall Amazon Kindle
Wait of a few of seconds and the program will be removed completely on the Mac