Get maddened by the Google Chrome removal on your Mac? Sometimes this popular web browser may cause some issues and make people confused about why it can’t be removed successfully from the computer. If you also have a question about it, you can read this post and get to know how we can uninstall Google Chrome effectively from macOS.
Google Chrome is a very popular web browser widely used on Mac, besides the Safari, so there are a great number of Mac users using this browser on their computers, when there is a need for people to uninstall Google Chrome, many people get in stuck and unable to perform the app removal successfully on the Mac. So now, I will list some general troubles of removing Google Chrome below, and also provide some effective way to uninstall it as well.
Why many people cannot remove Google Chrome well
Uninstall Google Chrome is a hassle on Mac as it is on the Windows system, and the most common issue is just the same: the incomplete removal, more specifically, people usually find that associated files and preferences still exist after performing the removal; and what’s more, many people are also not clear about how can uninstall an application on the Mac. So if you are on the way to find a good way to help you uninstall Google Chrome without any other problem, you should get an approach which can help you delete the app completely without any hassle and further issue.
Specific ways enable you to uninstall Google Chrome completely on Mac
Approach 1: Trash it manually on the Mac
Trashing an item on the Mac can allow people to delete a file or remove an installed application on the Mac. However, it is often failed to remove Google Chrome completely from the computer, if you want to get a 100% removal for the web browser in this way, you should complete all of the removing steps at the following.
Step 1: click on Go on the top menu, select Application
Find Google Chrome in the folder, and drag it to the Trash
Step 2: If you find the program still display on your Launchpad, you can take this way to delete it – only for Mac App Store apps. (if you do not have this problem, please to to the Step 3)
- Open Launchpad, hold down the Option key, then the icons will start jiggling
- Click on the “X” at the top left corner of the application’s icon
Step 3: delete its associated files leaving on your Mac
When you drag an application to the Trash, its preferences, caches and logs still remain on your hard drive. you should delete all of these items to achieve a complete removal.
- Click on Go again, and select Library, if you can’t find it on the sub-menu, please click on Go to folder…
- Enter the specific directory of the Library folder: ~/Library/
- Click on Application Support folder, delete Google Chrome associated files inside
- Back to the Library folder, and click on Caches, delete all the related caches
- Click to open Preferences on Library either, and remove those preferences of Google Chrome
For the faster and easier removal, it is recommended to use a professional uninstall tool on the Mac.
Approach 2: uninstall Google Chrome quickly with a good uninstaller for Mac
Reputable uninstaller for Mac offers a fast and automatic removal for the users, and the highlight is it is able to remove the program very easily and thoroughly on the computer, that’s to say, people don’t need to delete its vestiges as the manual approach.
Refer to the following steps to fully uninstall Google Chrome on Mac
- Click on Launchpad icon, and click to open MacKeeper on the Mac
- Expand the menu of ADVANCED TOOLS, click Smart Uninstaller
- Click on Scan at the bottom to let the MacKeeper to check all the installed applications on your Mac
- Select the checkbox beside Google Chrome, and all of related files and folders will be displayed on the right side
- Click on Remove button > Remove all to completely uninstall Google Chrome
Advanced uninstall utility can be downloaded from here to uninstall Google Chrome on your Mac.