Last week, Google released a new Backup and Sync tool for Windows PCs and Macs, which enable people to back up their files more easily from the computer, if you are interested in using this application, you can learn how to back up your file with this tool on your computer now.
What’s Backup and Sync
Google Backup and Sync is an application can help user to back up their importnat files and images which storing on the Windows or Mac computer, it relies on the cloud so that people can get their back-up on any device as long as they log-in their personal account, and the Product Managers Aakash Sahney and David Loxton also wrote in a blog post “they’re no longer trapped on your computer”
How to use Backup and Sync
- Download the application online, and install it on the computer
- Launch the app, and sign into your Google account
- Select the folder you would like to back up the files inside to Google Drive, if you are going to back up your photo, both High quality and Original quality are available for you
- If you would like to back up all of photos and videos on your computer, please enable the checkbox to upload photos and videos to Google Photos.
- Last, click on the OK to start uploading
Note: Google Drive only provides 15GB for free of the file, and people should pay additionally if the back-up is bigger than 15GB, and the price its 100GB for $19.99/year, 1TB for $99.99/year.