Hey guys, happy valentine’s day! Today I will continually show you some effective methods about how to remove useless Mac apps from the Mac OS X. The main topic for today is to learn how to completely uninstall Darkest Dungeon on your Mac without any traces left. With the 2017 Darkest Dungeon removal guides, I ensure you will easily have this game removed in just only minutes. You have no need to worry about the junk files and leftovers if you carefully follow the best tutorials. You had better get additional tech knowledge of Mac which will not only help you avoid inefficient performance on the Mac but also save your money for reducing the rate of reparations in stores. To uninstall Darkest Dungeon from Mac OS X manually, you should find out those folders where the associate files and caches located in the end. It is the most important step of the removal guides and do not forget to complete it otherwise you probably would get Mac error codes on the computer.
As one of the famous Mac games in 2016, Darkest Dungeon has attracted a large number of fans because of its amazing graphic and sounds. The players like to generate topics about Darkest Dungeon, talk about it and share their thought in global well-known community like https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/ or Darkest Dungeon on Steam . The publisher of Darkest Dungeon, Red Hook Studios is a great game development and designing team. Only pay £18.99, players can enjoy this high quality game on their Macs. Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. The average score of Darkest Dunge on is 9/10 on steampowered.com. Anyone is welcome to vote it there.
Okay now, after the brief introduction of Darkest Dungeon, let’s get from the beginning on how to uninstall it completely.
Step 1: Terminate process of Dragon Age via Activity Monitor.
You need to close down Dragon Age and terminate all processes of it in order to make the uninstall procedure run smoothly.
* Please click “Go” menu on the top of your screen and then select “Utilities” option in the list.
* You will see “Activity Monitor” icon after you enter the “Utilities”; Launch “Activity Monitor” by double clicking the icon.
* Now there must be several processes running in the system background. Please find out the active process of Dragon Age and then end up those processes by clicking the “X” button to close this application.
Or you also can try another easier method to launch “Activity Monitor”. Press “Command+Option+Esc”on your keyboard then you will see the interface of “Activity Monitor” ; select the process and then choose “Force Quit” to terminate it.
Step 2: Remove Dragon Age icon to the Trash.
As mentioned before, Mac OS X Trash function could help you remove the main executable file of Dragon Age. It is an effective way to uninstall Dragon Age from the Mac but you still need to finish more things.
* Please click on “Go” menu and select “Applications” from the list.
* Find out the icon of Dragon Age, right click on the icon and then select “Move to Trash” ; Or just drag it to the ” Trash” .
* Empty the Trash to remove the main files of Dragon Age from the Mac. You will receive dialog window asking you if you are sure to remove the items. Please click“Empty Trash”to delete the executable files of this application.
Step 3: Locate and Clean up Leftovers to Uninstall Dragon Age completely
You are almost there to finish the whole removal procedure on Mac. You should know that applications like Dragon Age will generate lots of associated files, junk files and other types of traces when installed on the Mac. For instance, the application support files, caches, plugins, binaries, library, preferences, Dock icon, saved states, etc, all of them could be called additional files. Generally, the leftovers are located in these three folders ( /Library/Preferences/, /Library/Application Support/ /Library/Caches/ ) then you need to find them out and clean up the associated files of the application you just removed previously.
* Please click on“Go”menu at the top of the screen and select “Go to Folder”.
* Type “~Library” in the blank to get into the library interface.
* Please open “Preferences“ folder and then search the related files of Dragon Age.
* Remove all of the junk files you find out in this folder to the Trash directly.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Caches” folder and search all caches of Dragon Age.
* Clean up the caches of Dragon Age.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Application Support” folder and search all supported files of Dragon Age.
* Delete the supported files associated with the application.
Step 4: Empty the Trash to Remove All Leftovers Completely and Permanently
* Right click the Trash icon and select “Secure Empty Trash” to totally erase the useless files right away.
* Confirm the operation when receiving pops-up Windows as below.
* Finally, please restart your Mac OS X system for the changes to take effects.
Other Mac games removal guides you might need: How to Remove Dragon Age from Mac OS X?
If you have installed a plenty of games on your Mac and now would like to remove some of them completely in order to release more space for the performance, you can search for the specific one in the Mac game center of macutility.com: https://www.macutility.com/mac-apps/Games-apps.html