App uninstall instructions for how can remove Python from Mac OS X in a right way.
Python for Mac is a high-level, interpreted and interactive programming language like Java, Perl or Scheme, it is created by Guido van Rossum usually used for general programming for the applications. So it is often used by those computer professionals and the general users rarely use this app.
Why it is so difficult to uninstall Python?
Issues of removing Python on Mac would cause a series of troubles for the people, especially when they are actually not so familiar with this advanced, however, there are certainly a lot of people get the trouble when uninstall the application on their Macs? Wanna know the reason why it can’t be removed smoothly on the computer? You may get these problems when conducting the app removal:
- Do not remove the right application to the Trash
- Do not stop the program running on the Mac before start to remove it
- All of files and data belonging to the app cannot be removed thoroughly from the computer
- Unknown error message appears once trying to remove it
If Python was removed unsuccessfully on the computer, it will take you a long way to fix the removing problem and complete the Python removal on the Mac, so this is why it is so important and necessary to choose a right uninstall way before you start to remove Python from the machine.
So now, it’s time to introduce the right ways to remove Python from macOS.
Take the following available ways to uninstall Python
Suggested way: Apply a reliable uninstaller to remove the program
Firstly, I would like to say that this is the most straightforward way to get rid of Python as well as other installed application on Mac, because it is simple to use and can completely remove the program quickly from the computer. Thus, many complicated steps and time-consuming removing jobs and be avoided for the user. Can’t believe it? You can refer to the manual uninstall way for a comparison after checking the easy steps to remove Python with good uninstaller at the following.
To take a qualified Mac uninstall utility to perform the app removal on the Mac, there are many choices and removing products available online, and here I would like to take MacKeeper as the good example, and show you how does this uninstall expert help you remove Python well.
- Launch MacKeeper on your Mac, definitely, you should installed it previously
- Click on Smart Uninstaller on the left pane, and you will see the utility’s interface
- Click on Start Scan button to start to check the installed apps on your Mac
- After then, choose Python on the list, and click on Scan button
- When all of associated files are scanned and listed, click on Remove, and Remove all to delete everything related to Python
- When the removal finishes, quit the uninstaller, and restart macOS to have a refresh for the computer, and you will find the program disappearing from your Mac.
Manual and free way: remove Python by yourself on Mac
As the macOS also provides a removing feature for uninstalling unwanted programs from the computer, it is also working for removing Python in this way, but, to get a complete removal for the application, there are a great deal of things and jobs you should do.
Step 1 – stop running the app
Taking use of the Trash on Mac to remove unwanted application requires you to stop the program firstly before starting the removal, otherwise, the app removal command will be rejected by the OS.
- Exit the application on the Dock if it’s there
- Open your Activity Monitor (Go — Utilities — Activity Monitor)
- Select the running process associated with Python, and click on the Quit button
Step 2 – remove application to the Trash
- Click on Finder on the Dock, and select Applications on the left side
- Find and locate Python on the list, and drag the icon to the Trash on the Dock
Step 3 – Open User’s library folder, and delete all of related files
- Click on Go on the upper menu — Go to Folder… — enter “~/library/” in the box — hit Return
- Open these folders in the Library one by one, and delete those files and folders belonging to Python: Application Supports, Caches, Preferences
Step 4 – search for Python on the Mac, make sure everything related has been cleaned up
In additional to the Library, there are possibly many other places on the computer still store the associated files of Python, such as the Python framework “sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/~”, symbolic links in “/usr/local/bin” – “ls -l /usr/local/bin | grep ‘../Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/~”
Do you think you can handle the manual way to uninstall Python? If you are also confident to remove the program with the manual way, it’s up to you to make the final decision about taking which way to totally remove the program from macOS.
As many people cannot get an optimistic result of removing the program manually from Mac (associated files cannot be removed thoroughly and correctly), trust me, taking a professional uninstaller must be the best way to remove this complicated application from the computer.