“Never visit Rsecompa.info !” That is my sincere advice to you. “Never click on any pop-up displayed by Rsecompa.info page.” That is our Mac Security Team’s serious warning for you. If your macOS computer, unfortunately, has been infected by the Rsecompa Mac virus, you should remove the virus from your Mac machine immediately in order to avoid further damages the virus brings to your Mac as soon as possible. It is highly recommended you follow the instructions which have been tested by our tech engineer. The latest Rsecompa virus removal guides in 2020 will definitely help you remove Rsecompa.info pop-up virus and clean up traces it left on your Mac. Moreover, with the tutorial, you will learn how to maintain and protect your computer in daily use.
Summary of Rsecompa Virus
Rsecompa virus can be classified as Adware pop-up virus while editors from some websites will regard Rsecompa as a browser hijacker. However, after the analysis of MacUtility Tech Team, we all agree that Rsecompa.info virus should be treated as Adware because of its different symptoms and infection ways compared with the web browser hijacker. To some extent, Adware is more annoying than dangerous since it keeps pushing false notifications to the victims. Diversification is one of the main most conspicuous characteristics of the notifications generated by Rsecompa virus. On the Rsecompa.info web page, you will see a variety of requests including “Click allow to download file”, “Confirm you are not a robot”, “Confirm you are over 18 years, “Click here to continue”, “View the video to continue”, and “Rsecompa.info wants to show notifications”, etc. If you click on the “Allow” button or “Yes” option, you have been tricked by this type of social engineering scam designed by cybercriminals. The pop-up advertisements will guide you maliciously to some untrustworthy websites, inveigle you to visit adult chat rooms, online shopping stores containing fake discounts/coupons, and so on. If you follow its vicious continuously, you absolutely will fall in a deeper abyss of fraud. Moreover, your browser history, online behavior, banking account information would be collected and monitored by Rsecompa adware.
Rsecompa Mac virus is really smart. For example, if you browse clothes in some stores frequently, you probably would receive coupons of clothes from Rsecompa.info. Of course, the coupon information is fake and malicious that is developed by hackers. They wait for you to pay online then they can steal your money and even other finance information recorded on the Mac computer. Therefore, we strongly advise you to remove Rsecompa virus / Rsecompa.info adware from your macOS computer. Do not trust anything appeared on the Rsecompa.info page especially the notifications displayed by the adware.
Symptoms You Might Get If The Mac Was Infected by Rsecompa Virus
- The home page of your web browser would be modified maliciously (Rsecompa.info) and you are forbidden to change it back with traditional methods.
- Keep encountering pops-up unwanted advertisements, links, and contents when browsing online.
- Your default DNS configuration was changed suddenly and receive the “Access Dined” error message when visiting websites you have viewed before.
- Strange toolbar and extensions are added on the web browsers of your computer without your permission. You don’t ever hear about the Rsecompa toolbar and never know what the functions
- All the search results from Rsecompa.info are fake and redirect you to a high risky website which contains more malware. It is quite hard for you to shut down the pops-up windows on the screen until power off your computer.
How to Remove Rsecompa Virus from Mac?
Manual Methods to Remove Rsecompa Mac virus
Tips: We highly recommend you accomplish a full backup mission for the important files stored on your macOS. It can help you back to the previous status if you make some mistakes or encounter unexpected problems when removing Rsecompa Mac virus. There is a Mac built-in backup tool called Time Machine of Mac OS X system which will help you save copies of all your files, applications, and system files automatically. If you run out of disk space, Time Machine will also erase the oldest version of the files to release more space for the new ones.
To backup your files on Mac, please follow this brief instruction:
Step 1. Attach an external hard drive to your Mac. You would be asked whether you want to use the disk to backup.
Step 2. Once your external drive is plugged in, go to System Preferences > Time Machine and toggle the switch from “Off” to “On.”
Step 3. Follow instructions in Time Machine preferences to accomplish the backup work.
OK, now we will move on to remove Rsecompa virus and its components manually.
Step 1. Remove Malicious Profiles from Your Mac
Profiles are generally used by companies or education entities that supervise their Macs. A configuration profile is designed to associate and store all settings of the specific application. It will transform your requests to the application and run it as your demands. However, be aware that removing a profile will remove all settings associated with it. If the profile was used to configure your email or wireless connection, removing it will remove those settings, and you will no longer have access to those services. To remove the malicious files in macOS, please follow these steps:
1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences…
2. From the View menu in System Preferences, select Profiles.
Note: Profiles won’t be visible until you have at least one profile installed.
3. If there’s a Profile icon, click on it and select any suspicious profile that you want to remove, and then press the – (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.
Step 2. Remove Malicious Program / Potentially Unwanted Application from Mac
If your macOS has been infected by Rsecompa browser hijacker, please follow the instruction to remove malicious programs. We will try to help you identify and remove any malicious apps and files that might be installed on your Mac computer.
1. You should quite the malicious program firstly.
On the Apple menu bar, in the top-right corner, click on any unknown or suspicious icon and then select Quit.
2. Please Launch the “Finder” function.
Click the Finder application on your dock.
3. In the Finder left pane, you will see the “Application” option, please click on it.
4. A list of all the applications installed on your macOS would be displayed. Please scroll through the list until you find the malicious app, right-click it, and then click “Move to Trash”.
5. Click “Empty Trash” after right-click on the trash icon to completely remove the malicious app.
6. Find out the hidden malicious files associated with Rsecompa app then remove them all.
* Click the desktop to make sure you’re in the Finder, choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder”.
* Type or copy/paste each of the below paths into the window that opens, then click Go./Library/LaunchAgents
Step 3. Remove Rsecompa Malicious Extensions from Browsers
Remove Rsecompa virus from Safari
1. Please launch the Safari web browser. Click the “Safari” menu and select “Preferences”.
2. Click the “General” tab to identify if your default home page has been changed by the Rsecompa browser hijacker or not. So in the Homepage field make sure it’s a web page you want to use as your start-up page.
3. Now please click on the “Extensions” tab.
4. A list of all the extensions installed on your macOS would be displayed. Please scroll through the list until you find the suspicious and malicious extension, then click the “Uninstall” button to remove it from the Mac computer.
Note: If you fail to remove the malicious redirects with the above instruction, please follow the simple steps to delete Safari’s preferences. Because some malicious programs will install managed preferences to set the homepage and search engine settings in Safari.
a. Quit Safari.
b.Choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“ under the Finder tab.
c.Type or copy/paste the following path into the window that opens, then click Go: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist
d.Delete the file after you find it and then restart Safari.
Now, the Rsecompa virus should be removed completely from Safari.
Remove Rsecompa virus from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. Select Settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link.
3. Chrome’s advanced settings should now be displayed. Scroll down until the “Reset and clean up” section is visible. Please click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” button.
4. You will be shown a confirmation dialog. To complete the restoration process, please click on the “Reset Settings” button to finish the operation.
5. To remove the malicious plugins from Google Chrome, you need to back to the menu icon of Chrome and select Tools → Extensions.
6. Find out any extensions and suspicious plugins related to Rsecompa then click the Trash icon to delete those malicious files from Google Chrome.
Now, the Rsecompa virus should be removed successfully from Google Chrome.
Remove Rsecompa virus from Mozilla Firefox
1. Click on Firefox’s main menu button, select the option labeled “Help“.
2. Locate to the “Troubleshooting Information” under the “Help” menu.
3. Click on “Refresh Firefox” on this page. Do not forget to confirm this operation in the following dialog to make it affect.
4. To remove the malicious plugins from Mozilla Firefox, you need to back to the menu icon of Firefox and select Adds → Extensions.
5. Find out any extensions and suspicious plugins related to Rsecompa then click “Remove” to delete those malicious files from Firefox.
Now, the Rsecompa virus should be removed totally from Mozilla Firefox.
Auto Method to Remove Rsecompa Mac virus with Mac Antivirus
Be tired of the complicated instructions above? They are absolutely time-consuming guides to remove malware for Mac computers. Why not remove Rsecompa virus and protect your macOS with a smart method?
Combo Cleaner for Mac is an award-winning Mac antivirus soft which is developed to detect and terminate almost all type of virus and Internet threats for Mac. You can run a free scanning for your Mac computer to detect deeply if there is any virus or risk hidden on your macOS. Of course, it is highly recommended you keep Combo Cleaner on the Mac to protect the security of the whole system.
To remove Rsecompa virus from Mac automatically, please follow the steps as below:
Step 1. Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus for FREE.
You can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus for Mac by clicking the link below.
Step 2. Select the “Antivirus” option. Click the “Start Scan” button to analyze your Mac immediately.
(Combo Cleaner Antivirus will scan your computer for browser hijacker and other malicious programs. This process can take a few minutes, so we suggest you do something else and periodically check on the status of the scan to see when it is finished.)
Step 3. Click “Remove All Threats” after the reports displayed.
Step 4. Combo Cleaner Antivirus will now remove all the malicious files that it has found. To complete the malware removal process, you should restart your Mac.