Dr.Web unable can be removed from the macOS? Experts guides here will tell you how can uninstall Dr.Web perfectly and thoroughly from the computer.
Dr.Web is a well-known security application that developed by a Russian anti-malware company, and provides the specific macOS app version. There is often a need for people to remove it for such reasons as license expired, not willing to use it anymore, Dr.Web encountering an error and should be reinstalled and etc. By the way, how many guys of you know the exact way to uninstall Dr.Web on the Mac? Or have you got any problem as the following when try to remove the program manually from the computer? Don’t worry, you will get the best removal guides here to get rid of Dr.Web completely.
What are common issues of removing Dr.Web
- The app refuses to be removed with the Mac’s standard removal method, neither dragging to the Trash not click on the X icon when make it wiggle
- Dr.Web cannot totally stop running on the Mac so it cannot be uninstalled successfully
- There is an error with Dr.Web and cause it cannot be removed normally as other installed apps
- App cannot be totally removed, associated traces and preferences still remained after removal
Take the right way to uninstall Dr.Web as the following instructions
Way 1 – Take uninstall feature on Mac to remove it
macOS itself provides a free and very simple step for people to remove the unwanted app from the computer, which is also the most common way that many people would choose to delete an application from the Mac. To uninstall Dr.Web in this way, you should take two steps as below:
- Click on Go on the top menu, select Application
- Find Dr.Web in the folder, and drag it to the Trash
If you find the program still display on your Launchpad, you can take this way to delete it, but it is only available for those applications you got from the Mac App Store.
- Open Launchpad, hold down the Option key, then the icons will start jiggling
- Click on the “X” at the top left corner of the application’s icon
Already tried this way but still have problems after removing Dr.Web from Mac? It is mostly because the general means of removal cannot help you completely get rid of the application. So, to fix the removing problem, you should delete its associated files leaving on your Mac
- Click on Go again, and select Library, if you can’t find it on the sub-menu, please click on Go to Folder…
- Enter the specific directory of the Library folder: ~/Library/
- Click on Application Support folder, delete Dr.Web associated files inside
- Back to the Library folder, and click on Caches, delete all the related caches
- Click to open Preferences on Library either, and remove those preferences of Dr.Web
External knowledge: general files and folders which are easily leaving on the Mac after taking the general means of removal on Mac:
- Application Support
- Saved Application State
Way 2 – Remove Dr.Web with its own uninstall process
Dr.Web gets a specific uninstall feature attached in its install package, which can be used to remove the program itself from OS X, but you should be cautious about its leftovers on the Mac either.
- Open the install package of Dr.Web, and click on the Uninstaller
- After then, the uninstall wizard will appear, you should complete the app removal with its instructions
- Restart the computer, and open the users library folder and clear its remnants as the precious method.
Way 3 – Conduct a faster removal with professional uninstall utility
Hope the Dr.Web uninstallation become much easier and faster? You can take a professional app remover as your new choice to uninstall Dr.Web as well as other unwanted apps on your Mac, this advanced tool will perform better to help you quickly and thoroughly clear the application. And MacKeeper can be considered as a good instrument tool help you quickly delete Dr.Web from the macOS.
- Click on Launchpad icon, and click to open MacKeeper on the Mac
- Expand the menu of ADVANCED TOOLS, click Smart Uninstaller
- Click on Scan at the bottom to let the MacKeeper to check all the installed applications on your Mac
- Select the checkbox next to Dr.Web, and all of related files and folders will be displayed on the right side
- Click on Remove button to completely uninstall Dr.Web