If you would like to uninstall K9 Web Protection from your Mac, you can just follow the removal guides to remove this software step by step. According to reports, nearly 40% of K9 Web Protection users have the demands of removing it on their computers especially the Mac OS X system. However, most of them encountered technical programs when trying to uninstall K9 Web Protection on the Mac. Usually, some of the Mac users would receive error messages while some of others failed to remove this application completely. Some users would choose another type of security software to replace K9 Web Protection therefore they have to remove it at first. This article contains detailed information about how to uninstall K9 Web Protection for Mac computer so it is highly recommended you read it carefully if you don’t know the correct methods on removing the software. The best instructions of 2017 which I’m going to introduce has been tested by MacUtility.com and you will find that it is quite easily to uninstall K9 Web Protection with the tips.
As a free Internet filter and parental control software, K9 Web Protection ( also named K9 Web Blocker) focus on protecting kids online. With this software, parents are able to perfectly monitor and manage behaviors of their children when surfing the Internet. K9 Web Protection has the ability to block adult, porn and other offensive content, prevent spyware infections, and monitor visited sites on any Internet access connection (AOL, MSN, Yahoo, Earthlink). Based on commercial-grade Web filtering controls from Blue Coat Systems, K9 Web Protection is unique among content filters and it is free for home use. There are a few of main features of K9 Web Protection for example, it will block web sites in more than 70 categories, including pornography, gambling, drugs, violence, malware, phishing and more. The parents will receive reports of the web activity everyday so that they can easily handle everything on the computer. K9 also has categories for blocking sites that have been detected as potential malware threats.
How to Uninstall K9 Web Protection for Mac Manually?
Step 1: Terminate process of K9 Web Protection via Activity Monitor.
You need to close down K9 Web Protection and terminate all processes of it in order to make the uninstall procedure run smoothly.
* Please click “Go” menu on the top of your screen and then select “Utilities” option in the list.
* You will see “Activity Monitor” icon after you enter the “Utilities”; Launch “Activity Monitor” by double clicking the icon.
* Now there must be several processes running in the system background. Please find out the active process of K9 Web Protection and then end up those processes by clicking the “X” button to close this application.
Or you also can try another easier method to launch “Activity Monitor”. Press “Command+Option+Esc” on your keyboard then you will see the interface of “Activity Monitor” ; select the process and then choose “Force Quit” to terminate it.
Confirm your operation in the following pop-up window by clicking on“Force Quit” button.
Step 2: Remove K9 Web Protection icon to the Trash.
As mentioned before, Mac OS X Trash function could help you remove the main executable file of K9 Web Protection. It is an effective way to uninstall K9 Web Protection from the Mac but you still need to finish more things.
* Please click on “Go” menu and select “Applications” from the list.
* Find out the icon of K9 Web Protection, right-click on the icon and then select “Move to Trash” ; Or just drag it to the ” Trash” .
* Empty the Trash to remove the main files of K9 Web Protection from the Mac. You will receive dialog window asking you if you are sure to remove the items. Please click“Empty Trash”to delete the executable files of this application.
Step 3: Locate and Clean up Leftovers to Uninstall K9 Web Protection completely
You are almost there to finish the whole removal procedure on Mac. You should know that applications like K9 Web Protection will generate lots of associated files, junk files and other types of traces when installed on the Mac. For instance, the application support files, caches, plugins, binaries, library, preferences, Dock icon, saved states, etc, all of them could be called additional files. Generally, the leftovers are located in these three folders ( /Library/Preferences/, /Library/Application Support/ /Library/Caches/ ) then you need to find them out and clean up the associated files of the application you just removed previously.
* Please click on“Go”menu at the top of the screen and select “Go to Folder”.
* Type “~Library” in the blank to get into the library interface.
* Please open “Preferences“ folder and then search the related files of K9 Web Protection.
* Remove all of the junk files you find out in this folder to the Trash directly.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Caches” folder and search all caches of K9 Web Protection.
* Clean up the caches of K9 Web Protection.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Application Support” folder and search all supported files of K9 Web Protection.
* Delete the supported files associated with the application.
Step 4: Empty the Trash to Remove All Leftovers Completely and Permanently
* Right click the Trash icon and select “Secure Empty Trash” to totally erase the useless files right away.
* Confirm the operation when receiving pops-up Windows as below.
* Finally, please restart your Mac OS X system for the changes to take effects.
Uninstall K9 Web Protection with Its Own Built-in Uninstaller
K9 Web Protection contains built-in uninstall program itself to let users uninstall it easily. Thus you can utilize this uninstall program to remove K9 Web Protection from your Mac. Please follow the brief instruction to uninstall K9 Web Protection.
* Launch “Finder” and the enter “K9 Web Protection“ to search out the package.
* Double click on the .dmg file and you will see the uninstall program there. Double click on “Uninstall“ to launch it.
* You will receive a message asking you to open the uninstall application.
* Enter your administrator account password to confirm your operation.
After you uninstall K9 Web Protection with its built-in uninstall program, do not forget to remove the leftovers of it. Just turn back to the junk files removal method and follow the instructions.
How to Uninstall K9 Web Protection Automatically
Step1: Download and install MacKeeper on the computer, and then launch it directly.
Step 2: Click “Advanced Tools” on the menu, you will see “Smart Uninstaller” tab on the list, please click it.
Step 3: Click on the “Start Scan” button and it would display all installed applications on your Mac.
Step 4: Find out K9 Web Protection, and click on the checkbox on the left side.
Step 5: Click “Remove” button and follow the instructions to complete the removal.
Step 6: Exit MacKeeper, and restart your Mac to let the changes take effect.