You are now reading the best Pixelmator removal guides of 2017. If you want to remove Pixelmator for Mac, you can follow the detailed instructions which have been tested by our experts. Don’t be hesitate to uninstall Pixelmator from the Mac OS X if it is no use for you anymore. Keeping too many unnecessary applications on the Mac would impact the performance of the computer system. Therefore, I suggest you remove Pixelmator otherwise you will need to enlarge the space of Mac in order to make it run faster. Read this post carefully so that you can easily have the Pixelmator removed from your Mac.
Pixelmator shoule be categorized as Graphics And Design application. Lots of Mac users would like to choose Pixelmator as their first priority tool to create, edit, and enhance the images. With Pixelmator, people can easily adjust image size, transform images, layers, and selections. In the latest version of it, Pixelmator brings full support for macOS Sierra and the all-new MacBook Pro Touch Bar, adds Tabs, includes a content-aware Smart Refine feature, Deep Images support, and more. Only $29.99, users will enjoy the all functions to achieve their goals. Moreover, Pixelmator provides users with painting tools to let people paint as they on the traditional canvas.
Tutorials to Uninstall Pixelmator with Manual Ways
Step 1: Terminate process of Pixelmator via Activity Monitor.
You need to close down Pixelmator and terminate all processes of it in order to make the uninstall procedure run smoothly.
* Please click “Go” menu on the top of your screen and then select “Utilities” option in the list.
* You will see “Activity Monitor” icon after you enter the “Utilities”; Launch “Activity Monitor” by double clicking the icon.
* Now there must be several processes running in the system background. Please find out the active process of Pixelmator and then end up those processes by clicking the “X” button to close this application.
Or you also can try another easier method to launch “Activity Monitor”. Press “Command+Option+Esc” on your keyboard then you will see the interface of “Activity Monitor” ; select the process and then choose “Force Quit” to terminate it.
Confirm your operation in the following pop-up window by clicking on“Force Quit” button.
Step 2: Remove Pixelmator icon to the Trash.
As mentioned before, Mac OS X Trash function could help you remove the main executable file of Pixelmator. It is an effective way to uninstall Pixelmator from the Mac but you still need to finish more things.
* Please click on “Go” menu and select “Applications” from the list.
* Find out the icon of Pixelmator, right click on the icon and then select “Move to Trash” ; Or just drag it to the ” Trash” .
* Empty the Trash to remove the main files of Pixelmator from the Mac. You will receive dialog window asking you if you are sure to remove the items. Please click“Empty Trash”to delete the executable files of this application.
Step 3: Locate and Clean up Leftovers to Uninstall Pixelmator completely
You are almost there to finish the whole removal procedure on Mac. You should know that applications like Pixelmator will generate lots of associated files, junk files and other types of traces when installed on the Mac. For instance, the application support files, caches, plugins, binaries, library, preferences, Dock icon, saved states, etc, all of them could be called additional files. Generally, the leftovers are located in these three folders ( /Library/Preferences/, /Library/Application Support/ /Library/Caches/ ) then you need to find them out and clean up the associated files of the application you just removed previously.
* Please click on“Go”menu at the top of the screen and select “Go to Folder”.
* Type “~Library” in the blank to get into the library interface.
* Please open “Preferences“ folder and then search the related files of Pixelmator.
* Remove all of the junk files you find out in this folder to the Trash directly.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Caches” folder and search all caches of Pixelmator.
* Clean up the caches of Pixelmator.
* Turn back to “Library” tab, get into “Application Support” folder and search all supported files of Pixelmator.
* Delete the supported files associated with the application.
Step 4: Empty the Trash to Remove All Leftovers Completely and Permanently
* Right click the Trash icon and select “Secure Empty Trash” to totally erase the useless files right away.
* Confirm the operation when receiving pops-up Windows as below.
* Finally, please restart your Mac OS X system for the changes to take effects.
Uninstall Pixelmator with Its Own Built-in Uninstaller
Pixelmator contains built-in uninstall program itself to let users uninstall it easily. Thus you can utilize this uninstall program to remove Pixelmator from your Mac. Please follow the brief instruction to uninstall Pixelmator.
* Launch “Finder” and the enter “Pixelmator“ to search out the package.
* Double click on the .dmg file and you will see the uninstall program there. Double click on “Uninstall“ to launch it.
* You will receive a message asking you to open the uninstall application.
* Enter your administrator account password to confirm your operation.
After you uninstall Pixelmator with its built-in uninstall program, do not forget to remove the leftovers of it. Just turn back to the junk files removal method and follow the instructions.
How to Uninstall Pixelmator Automatically
Step1: Download and install MacKeeper on the computer, and then launch it directly.
Step 2: Click “Advanced Tools” on the menu, you will see “Smart Uninstaller” tab on the list, please click it.
Step 3: Click on the “Start Scan” button and it would display all installed applications on your Mac.
Step 4: Find out Keynote, and click on the checkbox on the left side.
Step 5: Click “Remove” button and follow the instructions to complete the removal.
Step 6: Exit MacKeeper, and restart your Mac to let the changes take effect.